Saturday, December 13, 2008

God thanking me?

One of my mission in life, is to serve the Special children. I was glad that I've been part of this ministry which they call FAITH and LIGHT.

Faith and Light is an International community movement bringing together people with a learning disability, their families carers and friends, particularly young people. It recognizes that everyone has gifts to offer – the ability to welcome others with love and affection and a gift of Celebration.

I remember one celebration, I was assigned to become the facilitator of the parents We greet one another, pray and give some sharing. During my part in the sharing, I noticed one of our special friends keep on showing her work (our special friends were separated to their parents and do same art activities). Her name is Angel. Honestly, her work is not that beautiful but because for them it was their master piece that's why I said, "Wow! Ang ganda! (Wow! It was beautiful!)." She leaved and I noticed after my five to seven words of sharing she always return and keep on showing her work just for me. On her fifth time, she move slowly near to my side and I saw her lips wanted to say something. I let my right ear listen to what she wanted to say. I heard a big voice saying, " RODEL, SALAMAT!" (Rodel, Thank you!). It was not from Angel voice because she can't speak well but rather, it was from God.

Sometimes we never hear the voice from God. Why? Because our mind is too busy. In new generation, we do
multitasking, people intended to do more things. And sometimes they forget to listen.

I like how Virgin Mary responded from the good news. She chose to be in silence and with faith she replied, "
Be it done unto me according to Thy word."

"Kung gaano tayo kabilis sa pagpindot at pagsagot ng CP, sana ganun din natin kabilis na sagutin at pakinggan ang pagtawag ng magulang, kamag-anak, guro at ng Diyos."

No comments: