Friday, November 21, 2008

Life is a glass of water


"Grabe nakakapagod mag bisikleta!" these are the words that I always say every time I came back from the school. And every time we feel thirsty we want to drink a cold water to satisfy the heat of our body, right? Soft drinks are not enough.

But while, I'm looking at the remaining water from my glass - I reflected that life is like a glass of water. WE NEED TO BE DECREASED FOR OTHERS TO INCREASE. Sometimes, we need to sucrifice for the sake of others-for them to grow.
I have a student who got lower grades from previous grading compare to her first grading. I talked to her cousin and on the next day, I asked her. "Sir, sabi po kasi sa akin tulungan ko po yung kapatid ko. Bago kasi sya dito sa St. Joseph. Kaya minsan kulang na po yung oras ko sa pag-aaral ng iba pang subjects." WOW! Kung magbibigay ako siguro ng outstanding pupils marahil isa sya dun.

For me, an intelligent person shows not only from her/his high grades but how she applies what she/he have learned from her life experiences.

As a teacher, I can say that my life is full of decreasing. I need to spend more of my time for paper works, making grades, look for good teaching strategies, watch cartoons or "teleserye" (to relate what is cool for my students), surfing the Internet to study and give counseling session if it's needed. All of these things packed on this noble profession - a Teacher.

But the most sad moment of my life, as a teacher, is when the students leave. That's why every single moment of happiness with my students I kept it on my mind.

My dear, remember that L O V E = T I M E. The more we love our family the more we need to spend time with them. Do not forget, "we need to decrease for others to increase."

1 comment:

†aDiKtuS†kApErNikUs† said...

wow sir deep meaning pero naiintindihan ko po.. un lng po ^^