Monday, December 28, 2009

A child wanted to compete with me the night before Christmas


It was the night before Christmas, I went from my friend's house. While on the way to go home with my bicycle, there's a child running too fast and smiled with me. The child wanted to compete with my bicycle verses with his bare feet. So I run fast the way he wanted, but suddenly I realized that I need to give way for his achievement and that is to win the race. I started to slow down and let the child win. The boy told me,"Kuya, ang galing ko no?! natalo kita (See I'm good! I won the game!)."

Sometimes we need to give way, for others to win and avoid "crab mentality". Because the truth, I did not lose the game but also I won. I won- to let him know his potentials and bringing out his supernatural powers from his bare feet verses my wheels.

No comments: